Re: [che-dev] Fwd: Have to keep reinstalling python modules (Eclipse Che)?

On 2/25/19 4:15 PM, Brad Micklea wrote:
If I remember correctly the only directory that is persisted is the /projects directory. It's likely the person is installing things in other places. It's really not ideal to install things in the /projects directory though because that's typically git-backed and most don't want to have binaries there. I'm not sure if there's a good solution though for the moment...

Not sure of the details (and it could potentially depend greatly on the user's install) but if this is a OpenShift/Kubernetes recipe, it *should* be possible to just specify a PVC (with appropriate mount point) in the list of objects to be created. Haven't tested though.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 3:50 PM Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dneary@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    This question came in to StackOverflow last week. Anyone able to help
    out the requester?

    Thanks,
    Dave.

    -------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject:        Have to keep reinstalling python modules (Eclipse Che)?
    Date:   Wed, 20 Feb 2019 18:38:01 +0000
    From: dneary@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dneary@xxxxxxxxxx>
    To: dneary@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dneary@xxxxxxxxxx>

    For my Eclipse Che project, I have to reinstall my python modules every
    time I load the workspace (blegh). Is there a way to install the
    modules
    my team needs to a global folder so they don't have to even install the
    python modules every time they want to load the project? Thank you!

    https://ift.tt/2TXLN7C

    via Newest questions tagged eclipse-che - Stack Overflow

Brad Micklea // Group Lead,Developer Tools & Program //416.707.0792