Re: [che-dev] Simplify mounting of project sources to plugins

On Mon, 2019-01-21 at 13:43 +0200, Oleksandr Garagatyi wrote:
I would consider other technical reasons before letting the crowd decide since the crowd might lack technical expertise in this area.
Several months ago Yevhen Vydolob told me that one cannot just change the path if Language servers are used. The reason os that path of files that get changed is sent from Editor to a language server. Since they can be located in different containers changing an absolute path can break everything.
I do NOT know whether the constraints have changed since then.
@Yevhen Vydolob @Florent Benoit @Thomas Maeder please, share your expertise here.

LSP uses URIs to identify resources. While not mandated by the protocol, these will be file URI's and thus include the full file system path. This means that the language server and the ide need to see the files in the IDE workspace at the same location. It doesn't have to be "/projects", but it has to be the same for the language server and the IDE.

does this help?

/Thomas

Back to the top