[che-dev] Discuss future of che-plugin-registry meeting report

Last Thursday we had a meeting about the future of che-plugin-registry.

Below you can find some notes.

- In a middle and long term perspective, we would like to go away
  from bash scripting logic and move to some application server/more advanced programming language.
- For short term perspective, we will continue to use bash scripting and
  apache container to serve plugin registry
- I raised an idea to have some Node JS specific backend because
  it would be aligned with Che plugin registry viewer stack.
- Max Shaposhnyk proposed to take a look in the serverless direction. Something like
 - We decided to meet later or have a broader discussion before we made some choice.

--

Sergii Kabashniuk

Principal Software Engineer, DevTools

Red Hat Ukraine