Re: [che-dev] VS Code extension broker demo

Sorry for late reply - I was on PTO.
No, we don't have such docs at the moment.
I can provide a brief description here and will add it to my todo list.
2. Press the "copy" button to copy installation command for VS Code that contains extension identifier, e.g. "ext install SonarSource.sonarlint-vscode"
3. Remove "ext install " from that line to leave just "SonarSource.sonarlint-vscode".
4. Add prefix "vscode:extension/", you'll get "vscode:extension/SonarSource.sonarlint-vscode". Should not be needed after https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/12424
5. Find or build and push dockerimage that can run this extension and includes Theia remote plugin runner. Here is an example of such an image that provides OpenJDK 8 runtime https://github.com/eclipse/che-theia/blob/master/dockerfiles/remote-plugin-runner-java8/Dockerfile
6. Create PR to registry repo https://github.com/eclipse/che-plugin-registry with next content:
id: <PLugin ID here>
version: <Plugin version>
type: VS Code extension
name: <Plugin name>
title: <Plugin title>
icon: <Plugin SVG icon, e.g. https://www.eclipse.org/che/images/logo-eclipseche.svg>
attributes:
  extension: <VS Code extension identifier from step 4, e.g. "vscode:extension/SonarSource.sonarlint-vscode" >
  container-image: <docker image that can run Remote Theia plugin e.g. "garagatyi/remotetheia:java" >

Hope this helps. If not, please, do not hesitate to comment here or create an issue on Github.