Re: [che-dev] Development quality and transparency

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:47 AM <tmader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2018-11-29 at 11:38 +0200, Sergii Kabashniuk wrote:
If he is codeowner that means that he was an author/maintainer of that code in the past.
And what does it mean "wants"? If he doesn't want  - who want? Should we throw away or deprecated that code?
What Anatolii think about this?

There are also Brad and Gorkem mentioned as maintainers, which is clearly not their responsiblity anymore. We need to update the roles on a regular basis.

Btw: code owner is not mentioned in the dev process doc except as a technical device.

Do you think that "code owner" role is not needed at all? Or you want to contribute some clarifications in https://github.com/eclipse/che/wiki/Development-Workflow#pull-requests?

The wiki document you linked does not mention "code owners", it mentions "maintainers". Yet we keep talking about "code owners".

Correct, GH's "code owner" mechanism is a technical implementation of "project maintainers" organizational role. I added this mention to the doc for clarity, thanks.

/Thomas