Re: [che-dev] ci-build-check now required

On Mon, 2018-11-26 at 11:39 +0200, Roman Iuvshyn wrote:
@Florent Benoit we didn't request require of branch being up-to-date seems eclipse org enabled this automatically. I was not aware that it was enabled for CHE repos but I think this is very important and thing to have.

Sorry, Roman, but I have to disagree here: how many times did a merge of a non-conflicting, but not-up-to-date PR break the build in the last year? IMO, this check is solving a non-problem. I think we're going down the wrong path here entirely: we're trying to make sure no-one can ever make a mistake. In exchange, we're making it harder for people to contribute. We need to find a balance.
Please get rid of this check again!

/Thomas

Back to the top