Re: [che-dev] Our team develop a rename extension plugin and want to integrate it into CHE

Hi Thomas,
I think Che is a great advance of IDE and I love it. But I have to acknowledge I haven't heard of these changes before. I discuss this problem with my teacher just now. And I want to know if I integrate the plugin to Che current version? I will try to take my plugin to future and contribute more.

Hi Jin,

It's great to get contributions from the wider community; thank you for that. I wanted to make you aware that we are currently in the middle of two big changes in Che: One is the switch to Theia IDE as the base for the Che front end. The other is that we are switching our Java support to be based on jdt.ls instead of an integrated Eclipse Java support.
In particular the second will happen quite soon. I was wondering if you are aware of that and if you have given thought to how we can take your contribution to that future?

/Thomas