Re: [che-dev] Sidecars & Extensibility

Yes, but...

Thing is, we're once again at the point where we're the choke-point of getting stuff into the IDE. You'll have the bundle by us, you'll have the bundle by IBM (perhaps), but if you want to write a plugin for Checkstyle, for example, you can't, if you can't get into our distribution. It as if you had no possibility to install additional programs after you've installed Linux.

That is not an ecosystem, it's a product.

/Thomas