[che-dev] Docker minimal version

Hello devs
I would like to discuss with you a question about minimal docker version.
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/7496
Now we are declaring that we are not using any features that require docker above 1.11
But let's be honest I doubt that majority of development is made on docker older than 1.17.x
We physically not able to guarantee compatibility with all dockers lineup that is made starting from 2016. In same time this is blocking us to use some modern docker optimisations like this one https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/osxfs-caching

My proposal is to set minimal recommend version for Che6  to  Docker 17.04.0-ce release 04/03/2017 API version 1.28.

It's quite stable and new at the same time.
Any comments or concerns?

Back to the top