Re: [che-dev] Execute bash commands as part of a project template

Thanks, Tyler!

Now I know what the Factories at beta.codenvy.com are good for. I will give them a try.

Any timeline about having something similar in Che?

Kaloyan

On 08/16/2016 03:55 PM, Tyler Jewell wrote:
It's not possible today.

You'd have to programatically invoke a REST command to the workspace after the workspace has been generated, done through third party program that is controlling the creation / destruction of the workspace.

We have the same need internally and have been discussing how we might do this.

Codenvy's factory capability - a form of workspace automation - has post-ws creation command invocation built into it.  So the ability is there.

But we do not a clean way to do it in Che yet.

Tyler Jewell | CEO | tyler@​codenvy.​com | 9​78​.8​84​.53​55