[che-dev] Beta-4 Release Candidate Released & 3 Month Changelog

All:

There seems to be something broken with our automatic posts to che-dev announcing the changelog & new releases.  We have asked to get this looked at.

The Beta 4 RC has been made available.  We are working towards a finalized Beta release for January 21.

In the past 3 months there have >4000 of commits to Eclipse Che.  We were able to switch the 4.x generation out of being a branch and into master.  We then were able to start doing releases against the new version.

The 4.x generation is not quite feature complete for the beta. We expect SSH, stack management, templates, workspace import / export features to be baked in.  There are also another 20 or so bugs that need to be addressed and dozens of UI polish details.

We will have someone post the changelog daily from here out.  Below the changelog from the past three months.  It's pretty long - but provides substance to what has been happening.

The eclipse.org/che site has been updated with links to the nightly builds of the next generational release of Che.  We expect to have a first draft of docs readied in a couple weeks.  Also, we are porting over the plugin & extension development tools over to the 4.x branch along with examples on how they work.

Tyler

October 16th, 2015
-----
Alexander Garagatyi joined #4_0-changelog
Alexander Garagatyi cbuild script was changed today.
Fix several bugs.
Make che run after other deployment targets. Now it is possible to use `--v ` with `--che`.
Add option --skip-git-operations it is very usefull with new
operation sequence workflow.
Rework operations sequence workflow. Earlier cbuild performed operations in such order:
   Project 1
       - fetch, pull, checkout
       - build (i.e. mvn clean install)
   Project 2
       - ...
   Deploys
New behaviour:
   Project 1 - fetch, pull, chechoult
   Project 2 - ...
   Project 1 - build (i.e. mvn clean install)
   Project 2 - ...
   Deploys
Here is description of other recent changes:
1. make installation process one-time (for installs after 13 augest). No need to install cbuild again to update it
2. improve OSX compatibility. Thanks to @skabashnyuk@fbenoit
3. allow reassign paths of projects folder and cbuild library if --f option used after --install
4. add option to skip sources checks by findbugs, license, sortpom plugins `--skip-sources-validation`
5. make notification popup time configurable. To configure add to .bashrc `export CBUILD_NOTIFICATION_OK_TIME_MS=<value>``export CBUILD_NOTIFICATION_FAIL_TIME_MS=<value>`. Default value 10000 for both
6. make quiet mode enable logging mode. tail last lines of logs on execution fail in quiet mode
7. add fallback checkout strategy `-bf <branch to checkout> <fall back branch to checkout>`. It useful to build feature branch based on other branch, e.g. `-bf myNewFeature 4.0`
8. add ability to configure default parameters; add option to disable default parameters for specific build

-----
October 19th, 2015
-----
Sergii Kabashniuk We are in the middle of the way of removing VFS-fs from our code in 4.0
But meantime some of our components still relying on it. For instance Java Class creation.
To make things working without huge refactoring (eventually we will do it) I've removed
VFS permissions. From now all VFS entries will return a full set of permissions(3.0 based) "read", "write", "build", “run"
See more https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3267
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/339
GitHub
In 4.0 we are not relying on vfs permission so we can simply return any-any permission for all users. We need to return something because UI is still relying on this information.

Roman Nikitenko joined #4_0-changelog. Also, @dmitryshnurenkojoined, @oleksii joined, @vparfonov joined, @eivantsov joined,@ddementieva joined, @akorneta joined, @stevanlm joined,@skryzhny joined, @roman joined, @mshaposhnik joined,@ashumilova joined, @areshetnyak joined, @ashmaraev joined,@vkuznyetsov joined, @musienko.maksim joined, @vzhukovskiijoined, @vitaliyguliy joined.
Igor Vinokur Updated OnPremises 4.0 packaging by newest changes from cloud-ide 4.0.
Factory service is avilable now in OnPremises 4.0(edited)

Roman Nikitenko Fill samples from maven.json of assembly-machine-server on che.
Change the list of projects under samples to be the following: Spring (on Che only).
Change "SAMPLES - HELLO WORLD" category title to "SAMPLES"(on Che only).
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3138
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/70
GitHub
Fill samples from maven.json of assembly-machine-server on che. Change the list of projects under samples to be the following: Spring (on Che only). Change "SAMPLES - HELLO WORLD" category title to...

-----
October 20th, 2015
-----
Yevhenii Voevodin Project Tree disappears after 30 minutes because session is expired and websocket channels are closed.
We decided to increase session timeout to 180 minutes .
PRs:
https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/167
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/72
Created issues:
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3299(edited)

Max Shaposhnik Enabled build of plugin-factory and factory-gwt-client https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2557
Yevhenii Voevodin Adapt `SwarmDockerConnector` to work with*swarm 1.0.0*
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2578

Igor Vinokur Fix bug with git branches dialog. When branchlist has unselected branch, the buttons "checkout", "delete" and "rename" are disabled.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-1620
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/edc94f339b0cd53cca10b09c6ec96136e4015c9c

-----
October 21st, 2015
-----
Florent BENOIT Get rid of name ‘Codenvy’ for Eclipse Che webapp listener :
Rename org.eclipse.che.inject.CodenvyBootstrap to org.eclipse.che.inject.CheBootstrap (old name still there as @Deprecated)
Allow to use WEB-INF/classes/che/<any-name>.properties in addition to WEB-INF/classes/codenvy/<any-name>.properties(edited)

Sergii Leschenko Added OAuthServiceClient
Fixed link for getting of token in RemoteOAuthTokenProvider
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/347

Vitalii Parfonov Previously Maven Plugin forces setting default maven value for packaging, which is not needed and causes implicit changes of files which impacts git state.
So, we have uncommitted files and can not switch to other branch etc w/o additional actions.
For now this problem fixed packaging will be set "jar" only if user select it in Maven Project wizard
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/327
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3310

-----
October 22nd, 2015
-----
Alexander Garagatyi Add --gwt-closure-disable option that disables GWT closure compilation and speeds up build. For development usage only!https://github.com/codenvy/deployment/commit/614b47809ee1dc36c0837714b4cdcceca84fbe22
Vitaliy Guliy https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/62f2ce245f902b07a09273472e914f64eaa44374
Restyle editor footer, scroll bars, line numbers.
Remove  toolbar from project explorer part.
Move buttons from project explorer toolbar to part header.

Vlad Zhukovskiy https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/f4e8ea0b38ae1cd3100d88135dfd1c3f06763031
Add ability to configure editor behaviour case when we try to update project tree.
By default editor tries to close opened file it was removed after reloading. Now it possible to configure this behaviour.
This fix needed for java rename refactoring.(edited)

Oleksii Orel https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/326
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/350
Restyle create project wizard and import project wizard.
Change font-size and height for input fields, drop-down menus, buttons, categories list. Restyle radio buttons and checkboxes in general.(edited)

Andrienko Alexander https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/355 Add hotkey for switch tabs in editors. User can switch to previous opened editor by hotKey Alt+LEFT or switch to next opened tab by hotKey ALT+RIGHT
Andrienko Alexander https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/354 Fix for two bugshttps://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3313andhttps://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3306 .  Fix problem opening files in project after reopening project. When user have opened files from few projects, and projects contains files with the same names, after closing one of project, IDE closes files only for this project.
GitHub
Fix unexpected closing files with the same name after close only one project, fix posibility to open earlier opened files after reopen a project.

Igor Vinokur Add account query parameter to getAllRunningProcesses API method. It allows to see all running processes from all workspaces of specified account.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3300
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/346
GitHub
Add account query parameter to getAllRunningProcesses API method. It is needed to get all running processes that related to account. For now if we get all running processes we will see processes th...

-----
October 23rd, 2015
-----
Dmitry Shnurenko We should not choose workspace(start dialog isn't shown) if one is set in the URL and exists
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/594e1cef431bc388dce6e74ea7b490a37afa8b0d(edited)

When something happens on server side during workspace starting, shows dialog which contains information about error. When click 'OK' on error dialog, start workspace dialog appears.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/594e1cef431bc388dce6e74ea7b490a37afa8b0d

Alexander Garagatyi Renamed several fields in workspace mongo DAO.
Do not use previously created workspaces on hosted version until wipe or destroy will be done.(edited)

Dmitry Shnurenko Improve start stop workspace behaviour:
Recent workspace - last started workspace
1.Use case:
Empty workspace name in browser
Workspaces don't exist
Recent workspace don't exist
Expected:
Show create workspace dialog
2.Use case:
Empty workspace name in browser
Some workspaces exist
Recent workspace exist
Expected:
Start recent workspace
3.Use case:
Workspace name in browser isn't empty
Workspace with name in browse exist
Workspace is running
Expected:
Set workspace as current
Workspace isn't running
Expected:
Start workspace
Workspace with name in browser doesn't exist
Expected:
Show create workspace dialog
4.Use case:
Stop Workspace
Expected:
Show start dialog
5.Use case:
Error during start or create workspace
Expected:
Show dialog with error description -> click 'OK' -> show start workspace dialog
https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/commit/7c312f07b54266f2f5cdb3d5866f56250528c399
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/d41db011567a4439aaae7919fea3463f6c52ab26
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/594e1cef431bc388dce6e74ea7b490a37afa8b0d
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/cccca0fbe7cdfbc4aa9723bb245923165e412771

-----
October 26th, 2015
-----
Dmitry Shnurenko Add validation for workspace name.  If workspace name or recipe URL is not valid the create workspace button is disable. Workspace name must be 3 - 20 characters length and match this pattern  ^[A-Za-z0-9_\s-\.]+$. Also we can't create workspace if workspace with current name already exist.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/8746ebcd846cacacbad9ae218020a3b1f2c4452d(edited)

Yevhenii Voevodin `WorkspaceManager` was returning`RuntimeWorkspace` instance with *STARTING* status each time when *workspace start operation* was performed.
This behaviour is incorrect  and it was fixed, the problem was in async nature of workspace start operation.
Now `WorkspaceManger` checks if workspace is stopped before performing the start operation as well as`RuntimeWorkspaceRegistry` does.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3326
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/361(edited)

Valeriy Svydenko Refresh open editors after the reafactoring operations and fix small UI bugs with the Refactoring wizards.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/0901d305c6b0a481aa7a606989582e27a3368b43

Alexander Garagatyi Fixed incorrect permissions of project files after workspace restart in hosted version. Stopped using deprecated docker API of container start. Removed our service from machine nodes because they are unneeded anymore.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/328
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/32
https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/172
https://github.com/codenvy/onpremises/pull/25

-----
October 27th, 2015
-----
Dmitry Shnurenko Fix frequent changing DOM model, during machine output.For now, we decided not to output machine starting log.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/6b91b728588f63d0ecb07b3193985a912aba4034

Florent BENOIT Detect automatically the docker host ip on Linux (searching docker bridge) or Windows/Mac (find bridge based on the ip address of Docker ip address)
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3244
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/14a393e8d8754e304e8d571911aa64a9224509e6
Then use that ip automatically found in Che instead of using hardcoded IP address that only match few cases
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3243
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/420e70bc1778b90319896afd51adbdf31d05fa05

Alexander Reshetnyak Added im-version command in installation manager.
Removed option --check-remote for command im-download.
Removed option --list for command im-install.
The command im-version allows to get information about Codenvy On-Prem (installed version, available stable/unstable version to install).
Example of output for command im-vesion :
{
 "artifact" : "codenvy",
 "version" : "3.13.1-SNAPSHOT",
 "availableVersion" : {
   "stable" : "3.13.3",
   "unstable" : "3.13.7"
 },
 "status" : "There is a new stable version of Codenvy available. Run im-download 3.13.3."
}
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-371
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/6c7245f554443837e0dfacc37d9aac69625e4ac8

Alexander Garagatyi Added --clone-disable option to cbuild to avoid repos cloning. It is useful when developing Che in Che because such repos won't be treated as projects in Che.
https://github.com/codenvy/deployment/pull/36
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2589(edited)

-----
October 28th, 2015
-----
Igor Vinokur Removed auto generation of ssh keys, added ask dialog to generate ssh key when importing a factory by ssh url or creating a pull request on push branch step
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/34
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/35
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/343

Eugene Ivantsov https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/83
rebuild default dev machine images, added them to the list of predefined recipes

Alexander Garagatyi Reverted changing of the default machine RAM size from 1G to 3G.
Changed default dev machine RAM size from 2G to 3G on the client.
Changed default non-dev machine RAM size from 2G to 1G on the client.
It is changed because dev machine with 2G couldn't build che (GWT module).
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/6b9f7021fa07ef71c8c87637686893c524d1b33f
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/741853dcdb8e2d2d434b14f3654916c65ee4b0ca
https://github.com/codenvy/deployment/commit/34e5ad6ad890e9a712da4f7e4346618eaa591322
GitHub
This reverts commit a03ac2a0afd1f2230c92bc47852a39a3d6d868ab.

Dmitry Shnurenko Add ability to show machine when it just starting. Click on 'create' machine button, the machine will be added to machine tree at once (this is machine state which contains basic information about machine). During machine starting we can't stop it or restart.When machine is running we get request to get MachineDto object to display all neccessary information (info, servers, recipe, etc. This is real machine.)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/9da1271fff98ffb61e48ffc1f6965e8c48224cf8

-----
October 29th, 2015
-----
Evgen Vidolob Add maven test directories as source directories, so code assist works for test
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/5ccb18b2a4c8c49aa84dc89788d8f15aec087ccf
GitHub
IDEX-3315 add "src/test/java" as source path to project classpath for…

Alexander Garagatyi Fixed proxy servlet in case path to service (not war path) contains `/ext/`
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/dc5532b30d94cd28af7de6f96176efca103074aa(edited)

I'm creating it
Sergii Kabashniuk this is a wrong place for discussion.  Please follow the rules of this room
thx

-----
October 30th, 2015
-----
Yevhenii Voevodin Removed XML test sources which have license issues.
Changes were applied on *master**3.12.5.x* and *4.0.0*
*PR:*         https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/377
*ISSUE:*  https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2609(edited)

-----
November 4th, 2015
-----
Yevhenii Voevodin Adjusted security settings of `XMLTree`parser.
*PR:*        https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/375
*ISSUE:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2596(edited)

Sergii Kabashniuk Authentication token passed in header instead of query parameter in HttpJsonHelper
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2597
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/378

Removed user authorization token from url. For the cases when some component decided to put ulr in log file. This way we will remove possibility of token leaks.
We drop a hint to server that we expect application-json response. this needed if server have two method with different produces content type for same path.
GitHub
Removed user authorization token from url. For the cases when some component decided to put ulr in log file. This way we will remove possibility of token leaks. We drop a hint to server that we exp...

-----
November 5th, 2015
-----

Oleksii Orel Add admin view to user dashboard as left nav item

-----
November 8th, 2015
-----
Vlad Zhukovskiy Tree changes:
in node renderer changed manipulations with html, now work performs with dom nodes
added possibility to customize node styles directly from node by css
added method to refresh visual representation of specified node without reloading
temporary disable inner checking for child in child, to proper rendering ">" symbol
fixed setting parent after node intercepting, in some cases few nodes was without parent
updated mechanism of firing changing selection node event
Upgraded behaviour when expanded node renames. Now expanded nodes saves their state
In some cases directory structure may be changed if renamed directory becomes source directory
Machie's project path requests only when ide starts to avoid unneccessary requests during selection change
Get project method in project service now returns Project Descriptos instead of Project Reference
This was need to avoid unneccessary requests to get project when we open it
Projects are always opened now. We can't close or open it. For now we can create or delete it
After init or delete git repository project explorer doesn't go crazy
Adapt Privacy Action to work with project explorer selection change
Remove experimental speed search from the Project Explorer
Hide/show lock icon when current project become a null
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/a10026a7386d0e0a7ea82b397bde06ac03be97ff
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/9208ffacaae86241b5195099721b03f759d84b34

-----
November 9th, 2015
-----
Vitalii Parfonov Configure GWT logger for avoiding spam remote_loging in browser console
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/0db9fbfa1c347c669254dc83f7f297d84e67af5a

Vlad Zhukovskiy Add additional checking for root nodes that starts with similar name.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/424e16ff3812b159e7736112c91a9cc189dbc257

Igor Vinokur Fix bug with "Free gigabyte hours spent" link didn't refresh dynamic, when resources got locked or were available again
Changes were applied on ​​*master*​​​ and ​merged to ​*4.0.0*​​
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/40

Yevhenii Voevodin Added authorization token to `RemoteTask` &`SourcesManagerImpl` requests + protected `SlaveBuilderService`from unauthorized calls.
*PRs:*      https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/391
                https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/181
*ISSUE:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2598(edited)

-----
November 10th, 2015
-----
Michail Kuznyetsov These PR's were applied to master and cherry-picked in 4.0:
Rename API BranchCheckout to Checkout + add API support to checkout files.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/372
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/348
GitHub
…ile/s (+Native Git implementation) Add Rebase command API add Repository state to Status API (as String) add support to set/get revision range (since, until) in Log API -- Added above API changes...
(edited)

Vlad Zhukovskiy Fix render package node element which contains name "java"
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/91d4461542fe7fcb61b93e6bc6668f72774a75a5
GitHub
Fix render package node element which contains name "java"

Andrienko Alexander Fix closing opened files after deletion folder, module, project when you open more than one file.https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/384
Andrienko Alexander https://github.com/codenvy/websocket-terminal/pull/2  Change behavior of the hotKey Ctrl+C: if you select some text this hotKey copy text, if you don't select any text in terminal this hotKey stops process (such behavior have some popular terminal emulators, like terminal IDEA Intellij or Cloud9)
GitHub
…ext this hotKey copy text, if you don't select any text in terminal this hotKey stops process

Vlad Zhukovskiy Reset Go Into mode when new project created and when we try to scroll to file that is outside Go Into node
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/993d31177e27d3d1ffd5b49aab4df948700d4639
GitHub
Reset Go Into mode when new project created and when we try to scroll to file that is outside Go Into node

Vitalii Parfonov IDEX-3389: Wrong links in JavaDoc. Fix name for multi-module project, need to use path
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/17ba2daadb058144b46aecb6002139974f796037
GitHub
IDEX-3389: Wrong links in JavaDoc. Fix name for multi-module project, need to use path

-----
November 11th, 2015
-----
Vlad Zhukovskiy Remove redundant code which in some cases may duplicate project node
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/17bd1bfd6b07369bb7a7e6c6807c3bda08c6838e

Anatoliy Bazko Renamed codenvy-single(multi)-server.properties files to codenvy.properties
Added IM CLI bin directory to PATH
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/29bb68281616316075e7c758355fa011671cc4e3

Try to automatically update IM CLI only once when user executes IM commands in interactive mode
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/a7bbe1edfb0216dc8fe729d896ba9c6e5c886b08

Andrienko Alexander https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/406  doesn't show recipe list when user nothing typed to input "find by tags" in the widget "Create Workspace"(edited)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/375/files  and  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/402 Refresh machine list after stopping or starting workspace. Change MachineServiceClient, if you need getMachines() or getMachinesStates you should add argument workspaceId. If you stop workspace and start another one MachineServiceClient need last information about workspaceId.(edited)
Michail Kuznyetsov These PR's were cherry-picked to 4.0:
Use mixins instead of mixinTypes in ProjectUpdate
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/243
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/16
GitHub
this makes the field similar to ProjectDescriptor from the client's POV currently the project service to uses NewProject and UpdateProejct in the service method that create and update projects, re...

Alexander Garagatyi Refactored docker connection creation. Increased docker tcp connection time out  to 10m to decrease connection read time out errors. This type of errors happens when machine command doesn't put anything to console for a long time.
Showed machine command error in process console if error was thrown.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/372
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/42
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/88
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/378

-----
November 12th, 2015
-----
Anton Korneta Add ability to perform git ssh commands push pull clone
fix behavior of import wizard and edirecting when mode parameter is not equals to sso or federated_login
*Pull* :     https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/367
                 https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/87
                 https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/pull/129
                 https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/392
                 https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/182
*ISSUE* : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3356(edited)

-----
November 13th, 2015
-----
Yevhenii Voevodin Now *system/admin* and *system/mager* roles are fetched from LDAP attributes
*ISSUE: * https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2614
*PR:*         https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/pull/131

Removed references to GPL resources
*ISSUE:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3429
*PR:*        https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/408

Igor Vinokur Removed codenvy-hosted-sso-server-ldap bindings in OnPremises 4.0
https://github.com/codenvy/onpremises/pull/29
GitHub
Contribute to onpremises development by creating an account on GitHub.

Anton Korneta Change licence headers to EPL format
*Pull* :      https://github.com/codenvy/codenvy-dev-resources/pull/4
                  https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/91
                  https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/381
*ISSUE* : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3428(edited)

Alexander Reshetnyak Restored factory servlet and filters -  they are accepting factory requests, performing basic checks and redirect to correct IDE url.
Pull:       https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/176
ISSUE: https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2558

Igor Vinokur Removed codenvy-hosted-sso-server-ldap packaging
https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/184

Valeriy Svydenko Show an error message and logs when update dependency is failed. Move Maven classpath builder mechanism to the ext-maven module.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/81feb5a2461ef8d5a57211570e2299373a3d1bb1
Exclude unnecessary client jars in sdk-war packaging
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/4f8d184c7fab328fb5c4d056f4df30e8f765ccef

Anton Korneta Add Mit license into the Tomcat assembly
*Pull* :       https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/93
                   https://github.com/codenvy/codenvy-dev-resources/pull/5
*ISSUE* :  https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3467(edited)

-----
November 16th, 2015
-----
Evgen Vidolob Eclipse code moved from 'che-jdt-ext-machine' module in to separate modules
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/4fe5803941dc9e5ab9e750f5b9675696cd9053df

-----
November 17th, 2015
-----
Dmytro Nochevnov Added _NativeGit_ method*isInsideWorkTree()* to verify if current location belongs to git dir. Fixed  method of getting project configuration to use this method instead *status()* to verify if project uses Git.
_Linked issue_https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3508
_Linked commit_:  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/273d7c5258007441fbda950a5de463dda2e9e2ee
It also should fix an issuehttps://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3534(edited)

Dmitry Shnurenko Add project modules to new project model. For now project model looks like in project tree. Example: project's method get modules returns only its own modules (module1, module2, module3), module2.getModules() will return (module2.1 and module2.2) and etc. *Also you have to remove your local workspace.json file, because it's format changed.*
project-
          \
           module1

           module2---
                            \
                              module2.1

                             module2.2

            module3
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/f63b873f3a59774c645b42f99d17dc5bbbb09d06
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/b307b4011e522d79d31fe9c6fb4fa8e53cf9ac4d(edited)

Artem Zatsarynnyi Fixed problem with not hidden JS content assist box after switching to another file
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/0fbbbd8ab855cc4ab0ec9cfb5b4f858496304c2d

-----
November 18th, 2015
-----
Anatoliy Bazko Restored functionality of adding breakpoints. How to initiate debug session:
* If you run app on ext server pls enter localhost:<port> in the remote debug dialog window
* if you run app locally pls enter <your_ip_address>:<port>, for instance host: 172.19.20.20 port: 5005
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3516
PRs: https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/391
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/417

Igor Vinokur Made vfs call to ext server instead of API when importing a project
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/404
GitHub
IDE making vfs calls to api but it have to make call to ext server @vparfonov @skabashnyuk

Oleksii Orel Remove onboarding flow for admin in dashboard
Pull: https://github.com/codenvy/dashboard/pull/41
​ISSUE : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/UD-797(edited)

Oleksii Orel Move Administration submenu items as one unit/piece
Pull: https://github.com/codenvy/dashboard/pull/42
​ISSUE : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/UD-813(edited)

-----
November 19th, 2015
-----
Max Shaposhnik Added snapshots and plugins repositories to parent pom of hosted-infra project.
https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/commit/729117dc7f7e4b7dd461d4a6df49bf5f85da59d4

Sergii Kabashniuk accepted PR
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/424
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/413
GitHub
Currently the only way to subscribe to an event is by providing an implementation of EventSubscriber whose only generic type argument is a concrete event class. Passing generic event subscribers fa...
GitHub
this is more efficient than using the only API that is currently available 'toJson()'. It returns a string which means two redundant serializations must be done if the JsonElement is needed directl...

Vitaliy Guliy Added functionality to UI components, cleanup CSS
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/428(edited)

Max Shaposhnik WorkspaceDao upgraded to save modules information along with project configs. (it was implemented before we added modules to project)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/430/files
https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/pull/133/files

-----
November 20th, 2015
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi I've made a little clean-up in *che-core-ide-app* module:
* removed unused GWT localization constants;
* removed commented code;
* removed unused icons;
* removed unused CSS-styles;
* removed unused Java-classes.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/27554d9ee8a1b8a268cafe59ea607c4e2bdc8c70

Igor Vinokur Updated onpremises 4.0 by cloud-ide 4.0 latest commits, changes:
- Restored factory servlet and filters
- Add bindings needed for git ssh command

Artem Zatsarynnyi Fixed most of the FindBugs issues in *che-core-ide-app* module
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/014b968f3f3ae1f87b43125de72f33d35663afc6

Roman Iuvshin Release 4.0.0-M4
Please do not forget to sync u`r feature branches with current 4.0.0-M5-SNAPSHOT

add workaround to avoid release fails on javadoc generation phase.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/f5de522692343c4f53aed5dd78b8f3d8567093b2(edited)

-----
November 22nd, 2015
-----
Igor Vinokur Add a checkbox in Git/GitHub import wizard that allows to clone a project with "--recursive" parameter, applied only in master.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/399
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/423
GitHub
We need git clone wirh --recursive to clone multi-module project with submodules. Will be merged only in 3.x @vparfonov @skabashnyuk
GitHub
We need git clone wirh --recursive to clone multi-module project with submodules. Will be merged only in 3.x @vparfonov @skabashnyuk

-----
November 23rd, 2015
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi Configured GWT-logger:
* removed unnecessary JUnit dependency that has it's own GWT-logger settings which overrides default (defined in com.google.gwt.logging.Logging.gwt.xml). JUnit.gwt.xml dependency is not necessary since we don't use gwt-test-utils anymore;
* added explicit configuration of GWT-logger in order to avoid overriding it by some dependency;
* disabled RemoteLogHandler.
https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/commit/302ca98bb33cc2dd490f64f53533a92249512bf2

Alexander Garagatyi Removed our swarm client workarounds for previously not implemented docker API.
Container scheduling works with spread strategy of node choosing (put  minimal number of containers on each node ) instead  of random.
It  also fixes memory limits on nodes.
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/46/files
Fixed several bugs in our docker client
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/410/files

Anton Korneta Added a eventbus  in cloud and che assembly, add provide user token to machine.
*Pull* :       https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/185
                  https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/390
                  https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/95
*ISSUE*:   https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3512(edited)

Andrienko Alexander https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/425 Fix opening images into IDE editor
GitHub
We can't open images, because inherited method getView() throws Unsupported Exception.
(edited)

Artem Zatsarynnyi Removed public/private visibility switcher from project creation (importing) wizard
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/438
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/409(edited)

Anton Korneta Fixed list repo button  which can be seen during import project from github, by change base url in github service from api to ext
*Pull* :      https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/414
*ISSUE* : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3328(edited)

-----
November 24th, 2015
-----
Evgen Vidolob Find usages works in multimodule projects
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/412
GitHub
Use websocket for search request. Improve error handling and notification. Fix search in multimodule projects.

Oleksii Orel Fix  loading  state for "Your Installation" and "Configuration" views.
Pull: https://github.com/codenvy/dashboard/pull/44
​ISSUE : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/UD-816(edited)

Ann Shumilova Add styles for inputs (TextInputCell) in CellTable widget
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/33eb66d1abac36aeb61ab180830619e3700d0bc5(edited)

Roman Nikitenko Improve loading behaviours in IDE
Switch to machine perspecive and dispaly logs when a machine is starting.
Pull: https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/422
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/398
ISSUE: https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3019
GitHub
Improve loading behaviours in IDE Switch to machine perspecive and dispaly logs when a machine is starting.
GitHub
Improve loading behaviours in IDE Switch to machine perspecive and dispaly logs when a machine is starting.

Alexander Reshetnyak Use Guava cache instead of org.eclipse.che.commons.lang.cache.Cache
ISSUE : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3511
PULL: https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/441
GitHub
This is a pull request for part of issue thehttps://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3511 This the pull request replace to usage org.eclipse.che.commons.lang.cache.Cache to Guava Cache in the cla...
Sergii Kabashniuk Web.xml removed from git-server artifact (jar)

-----
November 25th, 2015
-----
Anton Korneta Added error handling in CheAccessTokenCredentialProvider and fix ZipContent unreleased stream (SAP)
*Pull* :  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/444
             https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/419(edited)

Anatoliy Bazko Bootstrap script checks if user has sudo rights and ssh access to all nodes. It breaks installation with appropriate message if validation failed
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-406
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/84b280f276d897d7fd158c1547ac464da757a28d

Use codebase of install-codenvy.sh script to install Installation Manager CLI only. It performs additional checks before installation IM CLI.
Internal --im-cli flag has been introduced.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-402
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/4ca936e79765c61d5792721a41953a026bb767aa

Bootstrap script continuously checks Internet connection. If internet connection lost it will rerun command is being executed until it finishes successfully.
Also script redownloads Codenvy binaries if they are corrupted due to loosing Internet connection.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-405
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/288d98be47dd6562ba3bb21253f16b7f028016f9
https://github.com/codenvy/cdec/commit/bc3dd14b5b5261bd3b7849a043deddf4a1c02385

Igor Vinokur Make custom war-website, war-webroot and tomcat-site for OnPremises packaging
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-418

Valeriy Svydenko Add new feature to show class structure and navigat to the java elements (This action is in Code -> File Structure or just click Ctrl+F12)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/ad569853cc44c641f8c885bef0b9eb1a5876b3d5
Remove the outline part
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/0317611011390174789ae4d1e2b61062911a1ea7

-----
November 26th, 2015
-----
Vitaliy Guliy https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/427
Hide global loader and animate inside popup
Change page order in Openshift Create from Template wizard

Max Shaposhnik Basic functionality of factory acceptance.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/450
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/47
https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/188
GitHub
Ability to accept factory on client. Created factory component that starts workspace. Workspace validator moved to separate class.

Igor Vinokur Fix build in OnPremises master by removing unnecessary dependency
https://github.com/codenvy/onpremises/commit/d57c19f26005aa66ff09beb412ded587a92396fd

-----
November 27th, 2015
-----
Anton Korneta Added factory.policies.create (perClick, perUser), per click would generate ws name with counter as ws-1 ws-2 etc.
*Pull* :      https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/451
*ISSUE* : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2631(edited)

Oleksii Orel Exclude subscription and invoice requests for OnPrem  in UD v.2
​Pull​ :      https://github.com/codenvy/dashboard/pull/47
​ISSUE​ : https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/UD-819(edited)

Stephane Tournie joined #4_0-changelog

-----
November 30th, 2015
-----
Yevhenii Voevodin Added ability to save/recover a workspace from a Snapshot.
*ISSUE:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3396
*PRs*:      https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/447
                 https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/424
                 https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/99
                 https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/pull/134
                 https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/48

Anton Korneta Refactored factory policies  refererHostname -> referer, validSince -> since, validUntil -> until (as at 3.x)
*Pull* :       https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/190
                  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/461
*ISSUE* :  https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2635(edited)

Artem Zatsarynnyi Improved Promise error handling: now you can catch OperationException and FunctionException as well as PromiseError
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/c6ed6c6b6c5800b414aada980765b61c3944a958
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3474(edited)

Igor Vinokur Synchronised OnPremises 4.0 packaging with cloud-ide,
updated:
- CLDIDE-2616: Import of projects + config projects during factory acceptance
- Configure GWT-logger (disable RemoteLogHandler)

-----
December 1st, 2015
-----
Alexander Garagatyi Allow to use local docker images (that weren't pushed to registry)
To use that feature set value of property`machine.docker.pull_image` to `false`
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/430

Artem Zatsarynnyi Fixed cursor positioning for custom suggestions (from _proposals.json_) in JS-editor
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/434
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3636
* fixed cursor positioning for custom suggestions in JS-editor (which was loaded from _proposals.json_);
* paramenter _overwrite_ in _proposals.json_ isn't use anymore: it will be always 'true';
* avoid using synchronous XMLHttpRequest - used Promises intsead;
* no need to reload the page for reloading the changes in_proposals.json_;
* added handling of errors of getting and parsing _proposals.json_;
* suggestions will be filters on invoking ContentAssist.(edited)

-----
December 2nd, 2015
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi Fixed autosaving files of JS and HTML types
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/437(edited)

Dmitry Shnurenko Replaced ProjectDescriptor in according to new project model. Improved project type model. Added filter for project and model attributes. In workspace we store project with constant attributes, but when we get project from workspace and return it to client we add runtime attributes (for example maven.artifactId and etc.) *For now we have to use ProjectConfig instead of ProjectDescriptor*.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/bb4caaa20f367bdcea8e7a6f83d75e6555b1a3f7
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/60040739559aa26fd78c45bfaaf3f3051b0c6d1f

-----
December 3rd, 2015
-----
Dmytro Zamosenchuk added an integration to this channel: email
Vitalii Parfonov Fix reaction on websocket close event then we check extension server state
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/59dbe1d69d08202584e73c864a58a384804b5303

Dmytro Zamosenchuk removed an integration from this channel:email
Dmytro Zamosenchuk added an integration to this channel: email
Dmytro Zamosenchuk removed an integration from this channel:email
Roman Nikitenko Don't show popup when abnormal close code is gotten from websocket and reason is absent
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/438

-----
December 4th, 2015
-----
Alexander Garagatyi Fixed bug when OOM of maven command in machine make workspace unusable
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/442
GitHub
Comment usage of container state change because it has bug. Exec's OOM is treated as OOM of container.

Yevhenii Voevodin Added new `PreferenceDao` which delegates calls to `UserProfileService`.
Also added new builder-like helper class for requesting *JSON* -`HttpJsonRequest`
*ISSUE*https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3670
*PR*:        https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/474(edited)

Anton Korneta Added performAction method into ActionManager, adapted OpenFileAction to factory 4.0
*Pull Requests* : https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/53
                                   https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/484
*Issue*:                      https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2639(edited)

-----
December 6th
-----

-----
December 7th
-----

-----
December 8th
-----
Anton Korneta Fixed ExtServerStateController behavior  in case of waiting ExtServerStateEvent firing. If we subscribe to messageBus, before the real connection was opened, in this situation e.g. importing projects from factory was failed.
*Pull Request*​ :  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/489
*Issue* :                   https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3650(edited)

Max Shaposhnik Removed unnecessary methods from Workspace codec since modules are projects now
https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/commit/6b0d461170b0ec3a2cdc2d792d605a7dd91eab60

-----
December 9th
-----
Roman Nikitenko Ability to get multiple terminals for dev-machine in processes panel of project perspective
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/448
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/487
GitHub
IDEX-3151. Display machine and its processes's tree IDEX-3153. Ability to get multiple terminals for dev-machine in processes panel of project perspective

Igor Vinokur Fixed bug: when opening git commit window, the input message field is not focused (cursor is not set to it)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/444

Artem Zatsarynnyi Made several improvements of using asynchronous requests:
* added ability to get result of _AsyncRequest_ via _Promise_ returned by _AsyncRequest#send()_ method;
* deprecated _PromiseHelper_ since _AsyncRequest#send()_ returns_Promise_ with request result;
* refactored _AsyncRequest_ class to make it more readable;
* reworked (simplified) _MachineServiceClientImpl_ in order to get result of asynchronous requests via _Promise_ (avoid using deprecated _PromiseHelper_);
* removed obsolete methods from _MachineServiceClient_;
* removed using of obsolete _$wnd.proxyServiceContext variable_.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/498
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/456(edited)

-----
December 10th
-----
Anton Korneta Fix behavior during creating workspace from factory with create policies perUser
*Pull Requests* :  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/504
                                   https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/56
*Issue* :                      https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2631(edited)

Sergii Kabashniuk Moved aopalliance Version: 1.0 dependency from codenvy-depmgt to che-depmgt
Artem Zatsarynnyi Used *@RestContext* annotation instead of deprecated named constant *restContext* in plugin-bitbucket
https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/55

Removed GIN-provider for deprecated named constant*restContext*
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/500
*@RestContext*​ annotation must be used intead(edited)

Added storing of calculated attributes
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/506(edited)

-----
December 11th
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi Removed GIN-provider for deprecated named constant 'websocketUrl'
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/508(edited)

Dmitry Shnurenko Configure project as blank by default after import. For now when we import project and don't resolve and configure it, the project will be configured as blank and will be saved to workspace.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/bde9dc336ffecdee8cd5fe1167130343d837bd45
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/bc4c8fca264d2c64027cf7d090566d42ca8b4f1e(edited)

-----
December 12th
-----

-----
December 14th
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi Removed obsolete code related to disabling/enabling extensions loading
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/512(edited)

Roman Iuvshin Reduce che docker image size by flushing package manager cache
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/2609e318ea2ce42b9f64ad4324255cb962c29138
GitHub
Add ```apt-get clean``` command to flush package manager cache

Fix naming of terminals: Terminal-## instead of Terminal (##)
Number for terminals start with "Terminal" then the second one "Terminal-2" and then we go incrementaly
Add title "Consoles" for the panel
Change displaying of 'Add new terminal' icon
Remove bold for "command:" in the output view
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/466
GitHub
#1 - Fix displaying of Icon for the Consoles panel #2 - Fix naming of terminals: Terminal-## instead of Terminal (##) #3 - Number for terminals start with "Terminal" then the second one "Terminal-2...

-----
December 15th
-----
Igor Vinokur Synchronised OnPremises 4.0 packaging with latest commits from cloud-ide 4.0
Eugene Ivantsov shrinking che docker image to 740 mb
https://github.com/codenvy/che/commit/3937c0397d414b3340a72012a1db3d13133b0458
GitHub
reducing image to ~750MB by using JRE and moving chown instruction to CMD

Alexander Garagatyi Add possibility to trigger host Docker API from within a docker container. Works when DOCKER_HOST is set on the host. TLS should be disabled (FYI users of OsX or Windows)!
To use it define `DOCKER_HOST=tcp://localhost:2376` or other host dependent on your configuration.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/464

-----
December 16th
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi Reworked saving/restoring last session state of IDE:
* restoring opened files;
* restoring active file;
* expanding parent nodes (folders/packages) of all opened files;
* restoring visibility of hidden files.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/522(edited)

Also changed behavior of 'show/hide hidden files' feature. Now it affects on a whole tree but not only to the active project.
Artem Zatsarynnyi Moved 'core' preference pages (Appearance, Plugins) to the same package where 'PreferencesPresenter' is
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/528(edited)

Vitalii Parfonov https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/121
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3837
GitHub
Please test thoroughly on Linux before accepting, including ability to create new workspaces, launch terminal, etc. Move LICENSE to \tomcat Move LICENSE-logback to \tomcat Move LICENSE-mit to \to...

Roman Nikitenko We show the loader for dev machine when this one is starting
So we shouldn't duplicate message in machine panel
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/477
GitHub
We show the loader for dev machine when this one is starting So we shouldn't duplicate message in machine panel

Add the icons for the statuses of loader.
Change the icon for error state.
Fix bug: initialize workspace operation is never in Success state
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/527
GitHub
Add the icons for the statuses of loader. Change the icon for error state. Fix bug: initialize workspace operation is never in Success state

Show output of executing command in new panel if current command isn't stopped/finished
Show output of executing command in the same panel if current command is stopped/finished
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/468
GitHub
Show output of executing command in new panel if current command isn't stopped/finished Show output of executing command in the same panel if current command is stopped/finished

-----
December 17th
-----
Vitalii Parfonov Fix variables in assembly
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/126
GitHub
che - Eclipse Che: High performance developer workspaces, cloud IDE, and plug-ins

December 17th
-----
Vlad Zhukovskiy The next phase will be adopting locale constants in whole project

-----
December 18th
-----
Vlad Zhukovskiy Mark readonly opened files with another color
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/535
If user navigates in source code by pressing F4, he can open decompiled class from jar library, so we may mark editor tab with special color to allow user understand where exactly he is.
Screencast of this functionality https://slack-files.com/T02G3VAG4-F0GTN22GZ-354488aedd
GitHub
Feature request. If user navigates in source code by pressing F4, he can open decompiled class from jar library, so we may mark editor tab with special color to allow user understand where exactly ...
(edited)

Igor Vinokur Add Api-docs-ui dependency for tomcat installation manager in OnPremises
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-451

Dmytro Nochevnov Add ability to add/remove nodes in Codenvy 4.0 OnPrem by using installation manager.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CDEC-367

Vlad Zhukovskiy Add ability to close editor tab by middle mouse click (mouse wheel)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/a9e507e12b58b048080d270e6aa3e1885a101327

-----
December 20th
-----
Artem Zatsarynnyi Cleaned-up *che-core-ide-api* (removed obsolete API)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/547(edited)

Ann Shumilova Removed unused resources (icons, images)
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3718

Artem Zatsarynnyi Removed obsolete SDK-runner used Runner API from 3.x
Cleaned-up *che-plugin-sdk-env-local* module
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/486(edited)

Yevhenii Voevodin Fixed bug with workspace status. Workspace won't stack either in  'STARTING' or in 'STOPPING' status when build of docker image is failed
+ added graceful stop of `RuntimeWorkspaceRegistry`
*ISSUE:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3612
*PR:*        https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/542(edited)

-----
December 21st
-----
Vlad Zhukovskiy *Proposal to add context menu to editor tabs*
Context menu contains:
Close action - closes current selected editor.
Close All action - closes all opened editors.
Close All but Pinned action - closes all editors that don't have pin.
Close Other action - closes all editors but leaves current selected.
Reopen Closed Tab action - reopens last closed editor.
Pin/Unpin Editor Tab - mark/unmark current selected tab with pin.
Screencast: https://slack-files.com/T02G3VAG4-F0H1D6P47-d3213511d4
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/545
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/38320b5b6754bacaf79c2126a45047b215bfe192
@musienko.maksim: Happy New Year! :simple_smile:(edited)

*Proposal to add recent files functionality*
New dialog will display list of recently opened files (file name and path).
Double clicking on file will open editor.
User may call this dialog by hotkey Ctrl+E (Linux/Windows) or Command+E (Mac)
Also new menu item: Edit->Recent.
Will contains the same list. Also user can clear recent list by menu item Edit->Recent->Clear Recent List
Screencast: https://slack-files.com/T02G3VAG4-F0H2V70HX-a2d294fdf9
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/546
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/787b3dc932dc4a434b39a779506399a69ab71fd5(edited)

Andrienko Alexanderhttps://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/60https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/485https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/544 IDEX-3593 IDEX-3792 IDEX-3593: Adapt ui ide for packaging information. Display 'Che' for che packaging in the browser tab title, add different logo for che and codenvy packaging in the about dialog.Update help menu: delete url to forum, 'Feature vote', 'Create ticket', add
support links. DocumentTitleDecorator replaced by ProductDataProvider which contains more usefull information
GitHub
Display 'Che' for che packaging in the browser tab title, add different logo for che and codenvy packaging in the about dialog.Update help menu: delete url to forum, 'Feature vote', 'Create ticket'...
GitHub
Display 'Che' for che packaging in the browser tab title, add different logo for che and codenvy packaging in the about dialog.Update help menu: delete url to forum, 'Feature vote', 'Create ticket'...

Oleksii Orel Сommand wizard improvements(add hotkeys, fix bugs)
enter/return - save configuration
INSERT  -  add new command configuration
DELETE - delete command configuration
tab - switching between input fields and buttons within the window
​​​*Pull Requests*​​​ :
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/484
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/543(edited)

-----
December 22nd
-----
Igor Vinokur Added custom factory-war in OnPremises  that related to odyssey.classifier
https://github.com/codenvy/onpremises/pull/32
GitHub
We need to re-pack factory war with odyssey resources specified from odyssey.classifier variable @skabashnyuk @sleshchenko please review

Anton Korneta Added new ide popup for creation factory from workspace
*Issue* :                      https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2648
*Pull requests* :    https://github.com/codenvy/factory/pull/48
                                   https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/61
                                    https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/541(edited)

Anton Korneta Fixed behavior of docker connector in situations when docker api returned status 200 ok but in trace we had error
*Issue* :                   https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3775
*Pull Request* :  https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/494(edited)

Roman Iuvshin FYI
we've set 4.x version to `4.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT`

Igor Vinokur Add git compare (diff) functionality. Select any file or folder, click Git -> Compare -> With branch or With latest repo version.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/538
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/481

-----
December 23rd
-----
Dmitry Shnurenko Add ability to show logs of dependencies updating for each module in different tabs
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/752c24b7746204fe5df0f709cb32d273cb42d19a

Roman Nikitenko Reset terminal state when we can't restore this one
Fix incorrect work Ctrl+O, Ctrl+C operations
https://github.com/codenvy/che-websocket-terminal/pull/3
GitHub
Reset terminal state when we can't restore this one Fix incorrect working Ctrl+O, Ctrl+C operations

Vlad Zhukovskiy Focus element handles key events only for the first created tree widget in DOM
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/560
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/commit/66b00e58612bea224c675b58b339cefb1a944956
Adapt File Structure window
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/a893656043676daea28e97f7904e94544f0f6c85
GitHub
…d tree widget in DOM General stabilization of tree widget. And focus fixes. For now when user opens window with focus element it becomes active. @vparfonov @svor
GitHub
IDEX-3841: Focus element handles key events only for the first create…
(edited)

Artem Zatsarynnyi Added new variable for using in commands
```${class.current.fqn}```
that returns FQN of currently opened file
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/498(edited)

Artem Zatsarynnyi Disabled browser's *Ctrl+S* hot-key standard behavior
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/563(edited)

Fix behavior of terminal after re-focus
Set focus on terminal after resize
Fix NPE at resizing before terminal is connect
Add ability to select text in processes panel
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/496
GitHub
Fix behavior of terminal after re-focus Set focus on terminal after resize Fix NPE at resizing before terminal is connect Add ability to select text in processes panel

Florent BENOIT Change error code returned on machine proxy servlet
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/559
GitHub
error 404 changed into 503 if machine not here (service unavailable) error 500 changed into 502 if there is error when communicating (bad gateway) Change-Id: I0853af71062d7c102a8015c16c8f61097a9f8...

Artem Zatsarynnyi Renamed variables for commands:
```${class.current.fqn} --> ${current.class.fqn}```
```${project.current.path} --> ${current.project.path}```
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/6f857596387d2a0bdcac54fc0205cebd306f1ac2

-----
December 24th
-----
Anatoliy Bazko Handling deferred breakpoints.
User add breakpoint mark, when class is loaded by JVM then breakpoint becomes active.
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3691
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/561
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/497
GitHub
When JVM activate breakpoint then respective mark should be set by BreakpointManager

Igor Vinokur Do not block IDE when debugger is connecting to remote server. Notification is shown instead of blocking loader.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/499

-----
December 25th
-----
Anton Korneta Fixed behavior of import projects during factory accept
*Issue* :                      https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3875
*Pull Requests* :   https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/570
                                     https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/64(edited)

-----
December 28th
-----
Alexander Garagatyi Made WS agent process a common process in machine API. Now it is possible to stream its logs using the same technique as we use to stream users commands output.
*Issue:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3726
*PRs:*
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/506
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/141(edited)

Anton Korneta Fixed export config url
*Issue* :                  https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3867
*Pull Request* :https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/65(edited)

Yevhenii Voevodin Add swagger annotations to the`WorkspaceService`
*Issue:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3811
*PR:*      https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/577(edited)

Vlad Zhukovskiy Add Alt+w hotkey for close file operation
*Issue:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3431
*PR:* https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/562
GitHub
New hotkey binded to: Win/Linux: Alt+w Mac: Ctrl+w @vparfonov

-----
December 29th
-----
Igor Vinokur Fixed behaviour when user clicked "Generate SSH Key and upload it on GitHub" and rejected authorization on GitHub request. It was impossible to generate GitHub SSH key manually after that. Also fixed GitHub Authorization window. It did not close after authentication but it loaded ide in that window.
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/511
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/566
GitHub
Handled "onCancel" action in ask to authorize on GitHub dialog when generating SSH keys. Changed title and text in that dialog. @skabashnyuk @vparfonov please review
GitHub
$wnd.IDE.config is a deprecated variable and it returns empty workspace name, so I check that loaded page url is equels to given url. @vparfonov @skabashnyuk

Igor Vinokur Add custom war-next-ide-codenvy to On-premises  to be able to change IDE.jsp
https://github.com/codenvy/onpremises/pull/34
GitHub
Need to create custom war-next-ide-codenvy to change IDE.jsp in it. @skabashnyuk please review

-----
December 30th
-----

-----
Today
January 4th, 2016 -----
Alexander Garagatyi Start ws agent and ping it to ensure that it is started correctly before setting running state for dev machine.
*Issue:*
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-2726

Alexander Garagatyi Added possibility to run Che with JPDA. Use -d (or --debug) option, e.g. `./che.sh -d run`
Fix starting Che on OpenSuse
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3994
https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3995
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/151
GitHub
Fix script fail on linux where OSTYPE is "linux" Make it possible to run Che in debug mode by adding -d (or --debug) option. @skabashnyuk @vparfonov @TylerJewell

Alexander Garagatyi Made docker machine cleanup docker images used for container creation
*Issue:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3384

Anton Korneta Added user name to factory accept link, changed factory acceptance process
*Issue* :                    https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2663
*Pull Requests* :  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/593
                                   https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/71
                                    https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/207(edited)

Valeriy Svydenko Add new feature 'Go to implementation'
Use Ctrl+Alt+B or Assistant -> Implementation(s)
https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/commit/7a091f9c6a97cefd3dea4545af654327fa66a52a

Alexander Garagatyi Added utility class into commons lang that calculates workspace folder location. Its name is WorkspaceIdHashLocationFinder. Algorithm is the same as in WorkspaceHashLocalFSMountStrategy.
*Issue:* https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/CLDIDE-2670

Fixed start of Che using cbuild: `cbuild --che`
To use fix make pull in deployment project

Sergii Leschenko Reworked SSH API for using it for Machine SSH and Git Ssh features
*Issue:*​                      https://jira.codenvycorp.com/browse/IDEX-3920
*Pull Requests :*​  https://github.com/codenvy/che-depmgt/pull/63
                                      https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/582/files
                                      https://github.com/codenvy/che-plugins/pull/516/files
                                     https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/152
                                      https://github.com/codenvy/hosted-infrastructure/pull/143
                                     https://github.com/codenvy/plugins/pull/70/files
                                      https://github.com/codenvy/cloud-ide/pull/206
                                     https://github.com/codenvy/onpremises/pull/37
                                     https://github.com/codenvy/deployment/pull/48/files
                                     https://github.com/codenvy/deployment/pull/49
1

Tyler Jewell Added new Che launch scripts.  Provide usage instructions, ability to change port on command line, add in debug mode, ability to launch Che as native server or docker image using same utility.  Also now require Che on windows to use Git bash to launch che.  Also, if on Mac or Windows, Che start scripts take care to launch Docker Machine, if necessary.
Tyler Jewell Added CHE_DOCKER_MACHINE_NAME environment variable to Che startup.  If set, will use this name on Windows and Mac to create a docker-machine VM with that name.  Otherwise, will default to "default" or can be overridden on command line with --machine:vm.
https://github.com/codenvy/che/pull/155
GitHub
Assigns docker-machine name to value of CHE_DOCKER_MACHINE_NAME environment variable. Provides --machine:name override to the environment variable Sets default name to "default" if neither are set.

Back to the top