Re: [che-dev] WebSocket Event Bus mechanics

Hth
Sergii Kabashniuk

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Kuperman, Sergey <sergey.kuperman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello ,

We would like to reuse your event bus mechanism to send messages between components in our system.

In order to do that we would like to understand better  how does it work and what are the requirements.

I have prepared some preliminary questions on the topic:

1. WSEventBusClient(class) vs WSEventBusServer: who are they and how do they communicate

2. connections(field) in WSConnectionContext and connections(field) in WSEventBusCLient what are they and how are they initialized

3. eventSubscriptions in Client: semantics - and initialization

4. events in different VMs/machines -

                setup a new event: what are the requirements?Are event handlers(subscribers) blocking or asynchroneous?

                How to wait for event subscribers to finish their work, if event handlers are asyncroneous?

5. is there a diagram/design showing event bus inner workings ?

Thank you for your time.

Sergey Kuperman,

DevX Di Athens team