[che-dev] Builder recover surprisingly from internal server error after some time

Hi,

I’ve encounter a the following behavior in Che build flow:

I have a custom builder which implements (org.eclipse.che.api.builder.internal.Builder)

On Build it execute a lengthy command. Now when an error is thrown while the  command is executed

The status response of /builder/<workspaceId>/status/<Id> will be 500 with body -

Now if I persistent calling build status/logs  e.g.  /builder/<workspaceId>/[status/logs]/<Id>  then after some time the system snap out and I get status Failed as expected.

So what I hoped to understand here is when can  I expect the process is finished to stop calling the status ? is it guarantee that in some point a fail/success status will return?

Is it a bug to solve, and until solved, should I keep on trying calling status for some time?

And last usually the return  body contain a json error text (in case of a build exception) but here it’s an html , is it also a wrong behavior to be fixed?

Please advised

Roy

Back to the top