[cf-dev] Release 2.0.0 - planned schedule December 05. 2019

Dear Californians,

Californium is preparing for release 2.0.0!

After two years of extending and testing, we believe it's good enough to replace the 1.0 release.

For details about the supported features see https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.californium/releases/2.0.0.

The first step toward the release will be the 2.0.0-M19 RC1 release on Thursday November 7. 2019 (see https://github.com/eclipse/californium/issues/1118).
I would like to invite everyone to have a look at this 2.0.0-M19 in order to fill issues your setup may have with it.

In order to release Californium 2.0.0 according the current Eclipse Foundation regulations, the license must be updated from https://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-v10.php to https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/ to benefit from improved details.
The EPL 2.0 is very close to our current dual license, see https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/faq.php#h.lgjcpvoq08a9.
To achieve this update, all files will be changed! Therefore, if you plan to make larger contributions, please stay by.
(By the way, always announce larger contributions, see our contribution guide https://github.com/eclipse/californium/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md)
Smaller contribution (couple of files) should still be possible by the risk of updating the license then before merging it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Engineering Cloud Services 4 Bosch IoT Hub (INST/ECS4)

Back to the top