From: cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Simone Bolettieri
Sent: Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2017 13:42
To: cf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cf-dev] Handling network prefix change

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has already figured out how to deal with a possible IPV6 prefix change at the networking level.

Let’s suppose that i have a RPi running a CF-server, such RPi is auto-configured with an IPV6 prefix that comes from a Router Advertisement (RA) on ethernet port (let’s say aaaa::/64). Now the CF-server could start and it will bind on every ethernet address.

Let’s suppose that later on a new RA advertises a new prefix (bbbb::/64), the network card will auto-reconfigure itself, but the CF-Server will remain active with the old binding (making it unreachable).

Is there a way to detect and reconfigure (rebind the CF-server endpoints) on such change?

I think that my doubts are mostrly java-releated, because the element to play with should be the DatagramSocket, however I’m facing difficulties on finding a solution, so any suggestion, idea or criticism is greatly appreciated.

Simone Bolettieri

Back to the top