Re: [cf-dev] Not getting the complete response from coAP serve

Hi Sreejith,

it’s still hard to understand, what exactly is going wrong in your case.

So some explanations:
Each protocol has its strength and weakness.
CoAP is very good, if your communication is based on small portions of information (small payload).
CoAP is not perfect for large portions of information (large payload, e.g. your “1000 json records“).
CoAP therefore supports large payload, by split it into smaller portions (blockwise, RFC7959).
But there may be CoAP implementations, which don't care about RFC7595 blockwise and
instead rely on UDP handling larger messages (which, especially on embedded IP stack, may show
as being not too reliable).

So to see, what in your case caused the issue, I would propose to use wireshark to see, which messages are exchanged.
Or do you have a link to the "GO coAP server" you used?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Communications (INST/ECS4)
Stuttgarter Straße 130
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
http://www.blog.bosch-si.com/

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B