[cf-dev] Scandium connection resumption vs. renegotiation

Hi,

Simon and I have been discussing for some time now about when and how a client would want to reconnect to a server and how these use cases are to be implemented according to the DTLS spec.

I have created a Wiki page [1] identifying some relevant real world use cases we would like to cover with Scandium. I would now like to use this thread to discuss the use cases and then gradually add information to the Wiki page so that we get a consistent picture over time and do not lose information.

So if you have any opinion regarding this topic I would be glad if you joined this thread :-)

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/californium/wiki/DTLS-Connection-Renegotiation-vs.-Resumption

Regards,
Kai

Back to the top