[cf-dev] Java URI class and percent-encoding

Hi all

During the face-to-face/hangout, Kai proposed to fully rely on Java's URI class to have a universal addressing scheme for alternative transports. A problem with the URI class is that it is hardwired with percent-encoding, which we got rid of in CoAP. Hence, it is quite confusing that the CoapClient needs to be feed a "%20" for spaces; otherwise there will be an exception. Did anyone encounter this inconvenience before? Or has a good best practice? I somehow have the feeling, we will need to write our own wrapper anyway :/

Ciao
Matthias

Back to the top