From: cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Louis Coetzee
Sent: Freitag, 12. Dezember 2014 17:12
To: Californium (Cf) developer discussions
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Californium Proxy

Hi Matthias,

thank you for the feedback. Is there current;y another option to do the HTTP/CoAP exchange?

Regards

Louis

>>> On 12/12/2014 at 04:06 PM, in message <
55877B3AFB359744BA0F2140E36F52B52EB4224F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kovatsch  Matthias" <kovatsch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Louis

This is a known problem, I did not have the time to fix so far. The documentation was unfortunately lost, when the GitHub Issues section was removed by Eclipse.

Currently, the HTTP part is single-threaded. When the request takes long, e.g., because the forwarded CoAP request is lost in the LoWPAN, all subsequent HTTP requests fail. The proxy was ported very quickly to the new implementation, but would need a proper re-design to fit the new staged architecture and concurrency model. HTTP should use a proper NIO approach…

Ciao
Matthias