Re: [cdt-dev] Debugging tutorial ?

If you right-click on your project and select
"Debug As->Local C/C++ Applications" it should start the debugger.

> The reference documentation is not up to date, as an official
> tutorial I found (from an old EclipseCon).

Yes, the documentation included in eclipse has not been updated
in too long.  Contributions would help get the ball rolling.

> Moreover, the documentation is poor, and just reformulates
> what there is in the GUI, without explaining anything.
>
> Also, please consider that many people wishing to use CDT
> come from Windows, and don't know anything about gdb.

We desperatly need someone to take charge of the Windows side
of the CDT debugging.  Someone that would try out features
and report problems regularly would already be a great help.

> Thanks for your work, but I guess you could have more people
> using your work with better docs (which are, by the way,
> sparsed on the Eclipse sites).

I'm glad you took the time to write this email.  If people
give up without letting us know why, we can't improve.
I can't promise to get the docs all better soon, but your
point will hopefully remind us to keep the docs updated.

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top