[cdt-dev] CDT Build - What does "Updating Project..." actually do?

All,

Some of our users of the CDT are complaining about poor performance.  Well,
there are many contributors to this, but one in particular is a post-build
delay. After the makefile has been built, the build continues to run for a
while with the "Updating Project..." message.  What is it doing?  With some
of our projects, even if trivial builds, this can take 30 seconds or longer
(granted, there are a lot of files in the project).

For this particular project, there may be 500 C/C++ files, but only a
handful are used for the build.  There are likely thousands of files total.
These files are coming from a linked resource.  It is a standard make
project.

If I can determine what is occuring at this time, I can begin to eliminate
bottlenecks (is it the network, the CM system, etc?).

Thanks,

Chad Barnes
Rockwell Collins, Inc.

Back to the top