AW: Indexer (was Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 new features)

One main problem I had with the Indexer is that it does not recognise
typedefs of pointer-to-member-functions

example A.h :

1: class A
2: {
3: public:
4:   typedef void (A::*ptom)(int);
5: };
6:
7: typedef A::ptom PTOM; // <- Indexer: "Attempt to use symbol failed : ptom .."

Moreover, if a C++ member function has i.e. PTOM as return value then
the content assist doesn't work within the definition of the function.

example A.cpp :

1: PTOM A::func() // <- Indexer: "Attempt to use symbol failed : PTOM .."
2: {
3:   // content assist does not work in here
4: }
5:
6: int A::func2()
7: {
8:   // code completion works fine (except function pointers)
9: }

I work with Eclipse 3.0.1 and CDT 2.1 RC3.
Sorry for disturbance but I did not get an answer on the eclipse.tools.cdt mailing list

Volker Kaiser