Re: [cdt-dev] Adding another builder to MakeTarget

cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/04/2004 03:27:59 PM:

> > To Standard Make Gurus,
> >
> > I am working on a feature that discovers scanner info (include paths
and
> > symbol definitions) by parsing the output of the standard make build.
The
> > "discovery" is looking for -D and -I flags in the build output. My
intent
> > is to use builder mechanism to consolidate discovered scanner info and

> > contribute it to the project's scanner configuration (modified Paths
and
> > Symbols Tab). The "discovery" builder is supposed to run after the
make
> > builder.
> > It all works fine if a standard make project is built as a result of a

> > full or incremental build. However, building through a Make Targets
view
> > is a problem, since the make builder is invoked explicitly. The only
> > extension point I could find is a MakeTargetBuilder that allows me to
> > define another builder, but MakeTarget and MakeTargetManager utilize
only
> > the make builder.
> >
> > I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction

> > with regards to adding another builder to the MakeTarget entity.
> >

> Interesting, you should make a PR for this, so we can follow through.

--->    47465 and it was already assigned to you!

> Probably the right way is to get buildSpecs(ICommand[])
> and call the build in the right order.

--->    Unfortunately it is a little more complicated. It requires some
changes
      to MakeTargetDialog and MakeTargetBuilder extension point if we want
      make it right. Do you (QNX) have any plans for changing/enhancing
      standard make target model for CDT 2.0?

Thanks,
Vmir

Back to the top