Re: [cdt-dev] About project properties.

I guess that is the major problem with the CBuilder concept.  In the end,
there is very little that can be shared between the builders, so why
bother.

My intention is to create a nature for the standard make builder and a
nature for the managed make builder.  The paths and symbols page will only
appear with standard make.  A much more complicated page will appear for
managed make.  Neither will appear if neither nature is there.  I still
have to figure out a way to upgrade existing standard make projects with
the new nature automatically without applying it to the QNX builder.

Thoughts?

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Alex Chapiro" <achapiro@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/07/2003 02:58 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] About project properties.

I downloaded the latest code from CDT head branch. I have a question about
implementation of Paths and Symbols property page. Is there a way to hide
this dialog? It seems to be very inconvenient for those who provide their
own builders because it can duplicate their implementation. This is what
happens with QNX builder now: user has a bad "feature": to control include
paths from two different places in a different ways and store them in
different places.

Alex Chapiro.