Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Rejected Re: Fixes for PR 39476, 39477 + some cleanup

My mistake about ITranslationUnitResult, all apologies, however the point remains the same.  ParserFactory exists to instantiate Parser implementations of public interfaces, without any external core dependencies (like C-Model).

Please do not get me wrong, Victor, I am very interested in seeing how this feature is going to turn out.  I am sure that as the parser matures, we would be able to do a good integration with the GNU compiler through the error parser to correlate build errors and parse errors.  Without the correlation, this feature doesn't work too well, as the user will just receive tons of task-list noise; without the parser working nearly perfectly, same thing.  The first item is currently not designed, and the second work item will take some time and testing to get there.  Thus there is no need at this time to force other core components (C-Model, Indexer) to use your interfaces.  In fact, until we have done a simple search for class references (which is one of our milestones) I would say that it is counter productive for 1.2.

If you wish to continue working on this, I would suggest that you try and solve the great unknown CProblemReconciler and move as much of the work as you can to another package; in there, you can implement a parser callback which would allow you to validate the use case on GNU (for example).  Once we have proof-of-concept, then we can decide where it fits into the big picture.

JohnC

"Victor Mozgin" <vic_mozgin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/30/2003 07:02 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Rejected Re: Fixes for PR 39476, 39477 + some cleanup

    See below...