Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Rejected Re: Fixes for PR 39476, 39477 + some cleanup

    See below...

----- Original Message -----
From: John Camelon
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:03 AM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Re: Rejected Re: Fixes for PR 39476, 39477 + some cleanup

> As of right now, the sentiment on the list (at least from Thomas, Doug and
myself) is
> that hooking this up to the parser right now is problematic, as more
likely than not,
> we will either confuse the user with invalid errors or flood them with
duplicate errors.

> If the interface is just implemented as stubs, it serves only to clutter
code up on
> a feature that is going to have significant development & churn over the
next few months.
> If the interface was to be implemented, its another thing that we will
need to test and
> validate architecturally.
>
> I would love to have a feature like this working as smoothly as what is in
the JDT (w/quick
> fixes et al) but its going to take us some time to get there, that's all.
If you reorganize the
> packages a bit, removing as many dependencies as you can to-and-from the
parser, indexer and
> C-Model, I'd feel better about it.

    Now I am confused. What dependencies are you not happy about? Can you be
more specific? References to task problems from the indexer? It seems it is
the only place where parse-them-all happens... It can be left as it is, in
CModelBuilder only, but then tasks will only be collected from the active
editor.
    Or is it a reference to ITranslationUnit from ParserFactory (see below)?
Anything else?

>> And ParserFactory doesn't produce any CModel elements in this patch, does
it?

><snip>
>+import org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.ITranslationUnit;
><snip>
>+        public static ITranslationResult createTranslationResult(
ITranslationUnit tu )
>+                return new TranslationResult(tu);

TranslationResult != TranslationUnit. TranslationResult is not a CModel
element, if that's what you meant. Or do you mean it shouldn't even use any
CModel package references (ITranslationUnit)?

        /Vic

Back to the top