RE: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Support for task tags, and more... (initial revision)

I agree fully with Doug here that this is something that we want
to be very careful of.  For example if I have a compiler which will
let me do all sorts of weirdo extensions, presumably I want those
things even if we don't properly parse it.

I also firmly believe that this is an area where there is work
to be done to find an appropriate extension point for things like
static analysis tools (ie Klockwork or Programming Research) so
that they can plug their technology in and other modules would
be able to benefit from it.

> We have long term plans for this but we still need to get a
> good search
> engine out for 1.2.  It would probably be in our best
> interest to keep our
> focus on that.

Hear! Hear! Let there be searching!

Thanks,