[cdi-dev] Ideas, features and suggestions for CDI.next

Hello,

during the last meeting it was agreed that we will create a GH issue where people can add their ideas/suggestions for features or fixes that they'd want to see in the next CDI version.
This will eventually lead to a release plan (Jakarta requirement) as well as give us a hint of the scope of changes we are looking at.

The issue can be found here at https://github.com/jakartaee/cdi/issues/622

Each suggestion should have its own tracking issue with discussion, this particular issue is just for tracking purposes and as an overview.
There is also a dedicated 'CDI.next' GH label for any issues targeting next version.
There is currently no deadline for adding ideas but the sooner we know about them, the better.

I took the liberty to kickstart the list with a few issues I knew about.
Anyone is welcome to add an idea, committers are also welcome to edit the first comment to incorporate any ideas they are aware of that are not already on the list.

Regards
Matej

Back to the top