[cdi-dev] CDI 4.0.0.Beta1 is now available

Hello,

I have just released a new version of CDI API into Maven Central - 4.0.0.Beta1[1].
This version should contain all the changes that will go into the next major version. It is also marked as Beta because from now on we assume there will be no drastic changes to the spec and we will only polish, adjust and reformulate what is already present.

Ladislav offered to create a diff between this release and previous CDI state WRT specification text so that people can get an overview of changes. The diff will be posted on this mailing list.

The bulk of the to-be-done work now lies in the TCK land which is what we'll be focusing on in the coming weeks. There is a bunch of open issues[2] that focus on adding tests for new or changed behavior and we also need to cover the upcoming language model abstraction as well as Lite extensions.

Last but not least, I will look into what changes are needed on Weld side to provide a compatible implementation with this Beta for people and integrators to play with. Once ready, I will share this information via CDI mailing list.

Regards
Matej
[1] https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jakarta/enterprise/jakarta.enterprise.cdi-api/4.0.0.Beta1/
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/cdi-tck/issues