[cdi-dev] CDI 4.0.0.Alpha3

Hi,

I have just released a 3rd Alpha of CDI 4.0, it's available in Maven Central now.

This includes several improvements to the new extension API. Most importantly, it's all documented now -- even if not complete and more changes are coming.

There'sĀ also one addition to the Portable Extensions API: `BeanConfigurator.priority()`. This allows setting a priority of a synthetic alternative (thereby enabling it). This was previously only possible by creating a custom implementation of `Bean` and making it also implement `Prioritized`. Now, you can do that through the `BeanConfigurator` interface. This also makes it possible to implement the new extension API on top of Portable Extensions completely, without resorting to implementation-specific calls.

As I mentioned, more improvements to the new extension API are coming, so expect more alpha releases in near future.

Thanks,

LT

Back to the top