[cdi-dev] Removal of deprecated bits for next major version

Hi,

I just wanted to bring this to a wider audience in case you are not tracking GH issues.
I've created this GH issue to track the $subject - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/cdi/issues/472

I was thinking we might want to shake off some of the legacy that's been around since CDI 1.0 and so I went through the spec and looked for deprecated parts.
The issue summarizes the bits that I found and that should be safe and easy to remove.

Comments and suggestions are welcome as usual.
Unless we decide otherwise, I'll also create a PR probably early next week.

Regards
Matej

Back to the top