Re: [cdi-dev] About parsing beans.xml files in Lite

Hi Manfred, response inline:

On Jan 25, 2021, at 2:29 PM, Manfred Riem <m_riem@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-snip-

To clarify if you say subset do you mean that everything that works in this version of CDI would also work in the “Full” version of CDI?

As that is what subset means to me.

If you are a CDI API user (e.g. a typical EE developer) then yes.

If you are an integrator extending CDI by distributing an extension then it depends on if the Full implementation chooses to implement the build-compatible extension SPI. In an ideal world we would have one extension SPI, but the problem is that we can’t change/evolve the existing extension SPI without impacting compatibility. Full implementations expect to continue to offer that compatibility so we effectively arrive at two extension SPIs.

-Jason

Back to the top