Re: [cdi-dev] Add methods to BeanConfigurator for applying decorators

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 5:39 PM Matej Novotny <manovotn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Furthermore, I vaguely remember this being a topic in a F2F prior to CDI 2.0. We decided to allow for programmatic interception in certain way (InterceptionFactory), but we deliberately *did not* add it for decorators.

The difference being that this is not for instances returned by producers, but for a Bean<T> that's registered with the runtime by an extension.

Build-in beans have to be decorable but there's no available API in CDI to do so. Meaning, a CDI implementation like Weld can make the build-in bean for say Principal easily decorable, but a Jakarta Security implementation like Soteria can't do the same thing without supporting every current and future CDI implementation separately.

The lack of such API hinders other Jakarta EE specifications like Jakarta Security and Jakarta Faces.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top