Re: [cdi-dev] Add methods to BeanConfigurator for applying decorators

Personally I am -1 for this.

I have seen very little usage of decorators overall, especially compared to interceptors. And it's even declining in recent years.
Plus the addition would bring in more complexity just like it does with interceptors and creation of their subclass for programmatic usage.
And up until now, I haven't really seen a request for this. I guess I just don't see enough justification to go that way.

Furthermore, I vaguely remember this being a topic in a F2F prior to CDI 2.0. We decided to allow for programmatic interception in certain way (InterceptionFactory), but we deliberately *did not* add it for decorators.
I am not sure if those were just design decisions or also technical limitations, maybe Mark or Emily would remember?

Regards