[cdi-dev] CDI future - problems and proposal

Hello,

After seeing the turmoil related to CDI Lite and the new extension model for CDI, we have made an attempt to summarize the problems we see with CDI specification as it is now, and the possible path forward.

This document is not final, it's a draft. I am inviting the whole CDI community to read it and provide feedback by replying to this email thread or placing a comment in the document directly. Based on this feedback I'll modify the document and I hope step by step will come to the consensus in the design.

I have tried to preemptively answer some of the common questions, such as “can we handle this with existing portable extension”, and “why should this be in CDI, shouldn’t this be a separate specification”.

With best regards,
 Tomas Langer
 Helidon Architect
 Oracle