[capra-dev] Is a file related to a artifact?

Hello,

I am working on test result integration. As part of that work I have to test whether artifacts are related to test file names, but I can really figure how how to do that in the best way.

This seems to be an important a Capra design question, so I think it is good to discuss it with the rest of the group.

In my code I get from Mylyn an ITestResult object from which I can get the file names of the test case files. I need a way to determine whether a given artifact (connected as the child of a Requirement) is for a given test file.

There are a few solutions to this problem:
* Have ArtifactMetaModelAdapter#getArtifactUri return a real URI that can be used to locate a file. (Right now that method doesn't return URI:s, it returns some artifact handler specific ID string.)
* Use the TraceMetaModelAdapter#isThereATraceBetween method. The problem with this is that this method takes two artifacts as arguments. In this case I have one artifact and one file.
* Add some new method to test this, possible on TraceMetaModelAdapter. It's not clear to me exactly how that method should look, but it should be possible to work out something.

Maybe we can discuss this on the meeting tomorrow.

Jens Lideström
Software developer
rt-labs

Back to the top