Re: [buckminster-dev] Materializing workspace using PDEMapProvider

Todd_Lee@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks for the reply Thomas,

I did see your dogfood2 rmap, and I'm using that as a template. I'm trying
to understand the nature of the matching though.

We have only one map directory, with many .map files. So if I create a top
level buckminster.cspec that declares dependencies on my top level features
(and as you said, lower level features/plugins will be handled
transitively) does buckminster check all of the .map files in the map
folder as specified in the provider uri?

Yes. The PDEMapProvider will start by loading all of the map files that it finds in the designated folder and build an in-memory catalog of all the components.

eg

- my cspec declares a dependency on 'my.com.platform-feature'
(componentType eclipse.feature)
- I have the following map files: platform.map (which actually includes the
above feature and it's required plugins etc) along with feature2.map and
feature3.map.

Is there any regex matching to find a particular map file for my declared
dependency on my.com.platform-feature (ie - do I have to somehow 'map' the
component name to the correct map file?) or does buckminster just check
*.map in the maps directory to find an appropriate match?

The only regexp mapping that occurs is when the resolver determines what searchPath that should be use. Once that has been determined, each provider found in that search path is consulted. If a PDEMapProvider is encountered, and if any of the maps that resides in the folder that it appoints contains the desired component, then that provider has found a match. It will then delegate to the provider that the actual map entry is pointing to (typically cvs).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top