Re: [aspectj-dev] template implementation for interface

Hi Rice -

Perhaps what Nick was saying is that this pattern needs no
new keyword "template" (nor an abstract aspect).

I typically use a tag interface, e.g.,

  interface IRunnable extends Runnable {}
  aspect A {
    public void IRunnable.run(){}
  }

then after

  declare parents C implements IRunnable;

or

  class C implements IRunnable { .. }

you can say

  new Thread(new C());

So your observation of the pattern is a good one, but the
implementation need not be as heavyweight as you suggest
(if I'm reading you correctly).

Wes