Re: [aspectj-dev] classes without package

Hi Alex -

You're right - those are our conventions!

Are there specific source files you'd like to move?

It is our policy to avoid the default package. One official exception
is in testsrc code, we require modules/{foo}/testsrc/{foo}Tests.java,
which does not collide with other modules.  An unofficial exception
is code that I believe is compiled by a test itself, limited to
weaver/testsrc (these should perhaps go into weaver/testdata).

It's also our policy to avoid circular dependencies between modules;
the ant builder was written to gack on them, as will Eclipse.  I should
add, however, that if you put any code in modules/{foo}/src/ that requires
JUnit, eclipse will compile happily but the Ant build will fail, since we
don't want JUnit dependencies in released code.

Sorry that we don't seem to have written these down anywhere.
Please make a note of things that we need to document for new
developers...

Wes