Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Proposing olinks

> Dave wrote:
> Without the "#" dividing the document filename from the ID for
> the cross reference, the ONLY way we can tell this is an inter-document
> link is by looking for ".adoc" in the name!

I don't see that as a problem. There are many, many software applications that derive meaning from a file extension (in fact, we see it in DITA), so it is no different here. And it's been very well accepted and adopted within this ecosystem. The purpose of this specification is not to break existing usage patterns, but to strengthen and clarify them. If someone creating a different markup language wants to go about this differently, that's their choice. But it's not what we are doing here.

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top