Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Proposing olinks

Thanks for the updates!

I’ve been trained to think that the existing asciidoc.org site is out of date and not really to be trusted.  My understanding is that in the near future that domain name will point to the AsciiDoc spec project and the existing content will be moved elsewhere.  Again, as far as I’m concerned, what AsciiDoc is is the existing behavior of Asciidoctor.

As this is an effort to come up with a spec, full backward compatibility is not a realistic goal.  Maximizing backward compatibility while also maximizing usability, clarity, implementability, etc, surely is :-)

Now jumping inline to some more specific points….