Re: [aperi-dev] Building Aperi on Linux

Hi Alex,

The build environment we're used to drives the build from a Windows machine, and then accesses a Linux machine to compile the Linux native code, and then brings that code back to the Windows machine to package it all together. We don't have a system in place for driving the entire build from a Linux machine. I think the best thing to do is for us to work together to figure out the best way to do Linux builds, and then write that up. Craig Laverone should be contacting Robert to get that started.

--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

Alex Danoyan <adanoyan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/23/2007 07:56 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Building Aperi on Linux

Hi,

I am trying to build Aperi on Linux (SLES10).

I was following the doc "Aperi Development Environment" and guessed bunch of
Windows specific instructions and "converted" them to Linux.

I got to the point where all the Aperi files have been downloaded to the
workspace from CVS (via Eclipse), but there are no Linux equivalent for
build.bat, build_env.bat and other DOS/Windows batch files.

How do I go from here ?
Also is it possible to produce  "Aperi Development Environment" document
for Linux ?!

Thanks.

Alex.