[andmore-dev] IStartups

Hey gang,

I have Andmore installed in my environment but I use the same environment for everything I do. What bugs me is that on startup, Andmore does a lot of stuff that I think it should wait for until I actually want to do Android development. Believe it or not, that's not all the time :).

I went on a hunt to find where the problems where. I was a bit shocked to find 7 implementations of IStartup. That should be a lot closer to zero. It was certainly a culture of the ADT guys that they felt free to take over the Eclipse instance however they saw fit. That just doesn't cut it in the multi-platform environment that I expect Andmore to run in. (And will be demoing at EclipseCon).

Before I go hacking up everything, any thoughts about this philosophy? I want to find a trigger that will kick off all these things but it's not startup. I certainly could be on bundle load which usually only happens when we load a class from one of the bundles. We'll have to make sure we're wrapping extensions with enablement to make sure they don't load too early. We could even add extensions or DS components to make sure these UI components start up when necessary.

Doug.

Happy New Year, BTW, 2016 will be a great year to introduce the world to Andmore.

Back to the top