Re: [ajdt-dev] what is the @dot?

Hi Alex,

@dot is the directory used to output the classes to, for those plugins
which end up as single JAR files.

I think your problems 2 and 3 are both because those paths mentioned
do not exist in your environment. The build machine is very exact in
the version of AspectJ it uses to build AJDT, so either you need to
install that exact version yourself, or you need to update the build
scripts. You can either do that manually, or by right-click on each
one (just the AspectJ projects, not the plain Java ones)  in turn and
selecting "create ant build file with AspectJ support".

If you just want to pick up AspectJ fixes, the easiest thing would be
to drop the JARs into an existing AJDT install, rather than build AJDT
itself. Alternatively if you just want to try out something, you could
stay in eclipse and launch a runtime workspace.

Regards,

Matt.