RE: [ajdt-dev] Convert to AspectJ project

Alexandru - sure I agree it's a desirable feature. I'm just questioning the
priority of the use case.

-----Original Message-----
From: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alexandru Popescu
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:35 PM
To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] Convert to AspectJ project

#: Ron Bodkin changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/28/2005
1:30 AM :#
> Why do you want to compile your test output separately in an IDE? Of
course
> I do this in (ant) build scripts for production, but in an IDE I don't see
> the advantage (unless heaven forbid the IDE IS your production "build
> system").

Ron, I really think this is out of discussion. Take into account that
Eclipse is providing this
feature and I want to use it. AJDT stops me doing it. It is a bug :-).

cheers,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

> By the way, one of the nice applications for aspects is doing better
testing
> (tracking invariants, virtual mock objects for integration tests e.g., out
> of container, etc.), so it is natural to weave into your main class output
> when using these techniques (although in some scenarios load-time weaving
is
> much more convenient).

On
> Behalf Of Alexandru Popescu
> Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:30 AM
> To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
> Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] Convert to AspectJ project
>
> #: Rafal Krzewski changed the world a bit at a time by saying on
10/27/2005
> 12:27 PM :#
>> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>>
>>> Is this coming from the fact that the project uses 2 source folders: one

>>> for code, and one for tests and is separating the output in 2 build