Re: [ajdt-dev] Convert to AspectJ project

#: Ron Bodkin changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/28/2005 1:30 AM :#
Why do you want to compile your test output separately in an IDE? Of course
I do this in (ant) build scripts for production, but in an IDE I don't see
the advantage (unless heaven forbid the IDE IS your production "build
system").

Ron, I really think this is out of discussion. Take into account that Eclipse is providing this feature and I want to use it. AJDT stops me doing it. It is a bug :-).

cheers,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

By the way, one of the nice applications for aspects is doing better testing
(tracking invariants, virtual mock objects for integration tests e.g., out
of container, etc.), so it is natural to weave into your main class output
when using these techniques (although in some scenarios load-time weaving is
much more convenient).
-----Original Message-----
From: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alexandru Popescu
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:30 AM
To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] Convert to AspectJ project

#: Rafal Krzewski changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/27/2005
12:27 PM :#
Alexandru Popescu wrote:

Is this coming from the fact that the project uses 2 source folders: one for code, and one for tests and is separating the output in 2 build directories?

If yes, is there any workaround for this?

your answers are highly appreciated,

AFAICT 2 solutions are possible:

1. let the comiler put all the classes in a single output directory. If you are using the eclipse comiled files to build a jar, you will need to filter the test classes out (should be straightforward if you have consistent naming conventions)

2) if filtering out the test classes is too cubmersome, you may move them to a separate project.

R.

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like a workaround :-(.

Is this gonna change? I don't see any valid reason for doing one of the
suggested ways.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.