RE: [ajdt-dev] AJDT with EJB Project?

Thanks Andy, Adrian and George for the help!!  In our case the project included a JRE through an environment variable, so we just replace this with a library entry JRE_CONTAINER. This fixed the problem (along with the caveat to not run the EJB deployer from WSAD but to just let Websphere deploy the file). The good news is that this all is supposed to work smoothly with Rational Developer 6.

From: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Clement
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:05 PM
To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] AJDT with EJB Project?

Hi Ron,

A similar stack trace was mentioned in this post, where they found a solution :)

http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.ajdt/msg00265.html

cheers,
Andy.

"Ron Bodkin" <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

21/06/2005 16:37

Please respond to
AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions  <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions'" <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[ajdt-dev] AJDT with EJB Project?

Hi All,

Has anyone set up AJDT to work properly with a WSAD EJB project on any
version? We're using WSAD 5.1 with (joy) AJDT 1.1.4? We're seeing a NPE in
resolving a library when we convert the project to an AspectJ project. It
looks like a null VM is being passed in. Any ideas for working around or
fixing this?!

;; Tjava.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
at java.lang.NullPointerException.<init>(NullPointerException.java:63)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveL
ibraryLocations(JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:51)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveR
untimeClasspathEntry(JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:43)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveRunt
imeClasspathEntry(RuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:81)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(JavaRunti
me.java:886)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.ajde.ProjectProperties.getClasspath(ProjectProp
erties.java:205)
at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.builder.Builder.build(Builder.java:150)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:427)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java
)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:1
25)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:1
81)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:1
91)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:151)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java
)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:1
65)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.java:85)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.PulldownBuildselectorMenu$1.run(PulldownBuildse
lectorMenu.java:295)
at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext
java:101)

Thanks!
Ron

Ron Bodkin