Re: [ajdt-dev] -XnoWeave and gutters

for reweavable: yes/no
If you assume that other weaver exists, especially VM ones that don't
deal with bytecode (or almost don't) then what you'd like is really an
unweaved bytecode and not a weaved one from which you can recover
(else you are back in dealing with bytecode to unweave everything
somehow)

On that topic I actually think that AJDT itself should not rely at all
on what the weaver emits. I think Eclipse JDT structures (same for
Intellij PSI structures and so on of modern IDEs) are rich enough to
provide all information needed to do the matching. The key piece then
becomes the reflective access to the aspects information so that their
structure (binary or source) can be taken as input (ok that 's
probably a huge work).
An analogy is that somehow modern IDE don't do compilation (weaving)
and don't query the java.lang.reflect API (weaver output) to show you
a class hierarchy (advised by/advises), but they do that with their
internals, handling both source and binary represented super classes
(I actually think that the draft of AJ support that surfaced in an old
version of IntelliJ was doing so).

Alex