Re: [ajdt-dev] @AJ in AJDT latest

Hi Alex,

It should be easier to work on this and create testcases in the AJ codebase - you should look at the tests I pointed you to previously that verify the structure model is correct post compile.  If you want, I will take a look at the problem?

Also, be aware that what is shown in AJDT now (visualiser, gutters)  is based on a 'processed' version of the structure model produced by the compiler.  To see the real structure model that came out of the compiler you need to edit the AJDT ui plugin.xml and uncomment the bit at the end so that the structure browser view is available.  That view shows exactly what came out of the compiler...

Andy.

Alexandre Vasseur <avasseur@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

16/06/2005 15:58

Please respond to
Alexandre Vasseur <avasseur@xxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
AspectJ Development  Tools developer discussions <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ajdt-dev] @AJ in AJDT latest

I could run the cvs version of AJDT in an Eclipse 3.1 RC2.

@AJ aspect seems to show up under some conditions, and with some
limitations that I know I have to handle them in AJ - I am just trying
to figure out how / why / etc.

FYI so far:
- @AJ poincut error reporting and advice did not match and alike
information shows up correctly
- cross structure shows up half way. The @Aspect that I have as source
code is seen as a binary one. I guess this is the case since I don't
report the advice source location correctly from AJ.
Hence only the "advised by" way and gutters are working.

I would love to have the cross structure working when we ship AJ M3
(ie when you ship AJDT on top of that without doing much more to
support @AJ stuff).

Alex