[ajdt-dev] AspectJ2ME

Hi,

recently I completed a project investigating the use of AOP
(specifically AspectJ) in writing Adaptive / Context-Aware J2ME
applications.

Unfortunately the AspectJ runtime would not play nice with J2ME (owing
to dependencies on J2SE code not present in J2ME) so I had to re-write
parts of the AspectJ runtime in order to get it to work. I managed to
get it to a level where it supported cflows.

I have not checked to see if you plan to implement a sub-project that
would support J2ME, but I would be happy to share any of the work I
did with the AspectJ project, or even to launch or contribute to a sub
project for this purpose.

With a little bit of work I was able to create a tiny runtime that
allowed me to write Context-Aware applications. I think this would be
of great value to the J2ME community, and would be of value in
demonstrating the usefulness of AOP (specifically AspectJ) for the
development of Adaptive, Context-Aware applications.

J.K.

Back to the top